Golden Coconut Pie Recipe
Coconut lovers will enjoy the appealing look and taste of this lovely dessert from Helen Budin of Sterling, Colorado. At a mere 35 cents a slice, it'll please your palate as well as your pocketbook.
- 1/2 cup stick margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1. In a bowl, cream margarine and sugars. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in milk, corn syrup and vanilla. Stir in oats and coconut. Pour into pastry shell. Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice: 517 calories, 24g fat (9g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 306mg sodium, 73g carbohydrate (47g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Golden Coconut Pie
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC