Golden Coconut Pie Recipe
Coconut lovers will enjoy the appealing look and taste of this lovely dessert from Helen Budin of Sterling, Colorado. At a mere 35 cents a slice, it'll please your palate as well as your pocketbook.
- 1/2 cup stick margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1. In a bowl, cream margarine and sugars. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in milk, corn syrup and vanilla. Stir in oats and coconut. Pour into pastry shell. Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 517 calories, 24 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 306 mg sodium, 73 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC