Golden Coconut Peach Pie Recipe
- 4 to 4-1/2 cups sliced fresh peaches
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 unbaked pie shell (9 inches)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1. In a large bowl, combine peaches, sugar, flour, nutmeg, salt and juice. Pour into pie shell; dot with butter. Bake at 450° for 15 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients. Pour over hot filling. Reduce heat to 350° and bake until coconut is toasted, about 40 minutes. Serve warm or chilled. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 418 calories, 20g fat (13g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 252mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Golden Coconut Peach Pie
"I didn't like this MORE than regular peach pie, but it is nice when you want something a little different! Very good!"