- 4 to 4-1/2 cups sliced fresh peaches
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 unbaked pie shell (9 inches)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- In a large bowl, combine peaches, sugar, flour, nutmeg, salt and juice. Pour into pie shell; dot with butter. Bake at 450° for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients. Pour over hot filling. Reduce heat to 350° and bake until coconut is toasted, about 40 minutes. Serve warm or chilled. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Golden Coconut Peach Pie in Grandma's Great Desserts Cookbook 1992, p77
Reviews for Golden Coconut Peach Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 5, 2010
"I didn't like this MORE than regular peach pie, but it is nice when you want something a little different! Very good!"