Golden Cinnamon Granola
This basic granola recipe is a must to have on hand at our house. With a great cinnamon flavor, it's perfect for a quick and hearty breakfast or snack.
9 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2/3 cup raisins
- In a small bowl, stir the butter, honey, cinnamon and salt until well
- blended. Combine the oats, coconut and walnuts in a greased 13-in. x
- 9-in. baking pan. Drizzle with butter mixture; stir to coat evenly.
- Bake at 275° for 50-60 minutes or until golden brown, stirring
- every 15 minutes. Add raisins. Cool, stirring occasionally. Store in
- an airtight container. Yield: about 7 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 341 calories, 19 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 212 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 8 g protein.