At our Wisconsin farm, dessert was just as important as the main course. This idea has followed us to California, where I'm still on the lookout for good dessert recipes. This moist cake is a favorite since it's chock-full of fun ingredients like chocolate candy bars, pecans and coconut. -Kay Hansen, Escondido, California
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 ounces each), chopped
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, sour cream, oil and water; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Stir in candy bars, chocolate chips, nuts and coconut.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 15 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Chill before slicing. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Golden Chocolate Cake in Taste of Home August/September 1995, p25
Reviews for Golden Chocolate Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review