Golden Chicken Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups crushed stone-ground wheat crackers (about 50 crackers)
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/4 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1 cup club soda or milk
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Place 1-1/2 cups in a resealable plastic bag. Store remaining coating in a covered container in the refrigerator for future use.
- 2. Dip chicken in soda or milk, then place in bag; seal and shake to coat. Place chicken in a single layer in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 50-60 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings (4-1/2 cups coating).
14 ounce-weight: 579 calories, 29g fat (7g saturated fat), 153mg cholesterol, 1369mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 52g protein.
Reviews for Golden Chicken
"It was delicious."
"I thought this was pretty good. I only used 2 teaspoons of salt though because it seemed like 2 tablespoons was a lot. I like that theres enough for a second batch later on. I also didn't have stone-ground wheat crackers but had garlic crackers that I used. Overall, it was pretty good."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.