Golden Chicken Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups crushed stone-ground wheat crackers (about 50 crackers)
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/4 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1 cup club soda or milk
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Place 1-1/2 cups in a resealable plastic bag. Store remaining coating in a covered container in the refrigerator for future use.
- 2. Dip chicken in soda or milk, then place in bag; seal and shake to coat. Place chicken in a single layer in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 50-60 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings (4-1/2 cups coating).
1 serving (14 ounces) equals 579 calories, 29 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 153 mg cholesterol, 1,369 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 52 g protein.
Reviews for Golden Chicken
"It was delicious."
"I thought this was pretty good. I only used 2 teaspoons of salt though because it seemed like 2 tablespoons was a lot. I like that theres enough for a second batch later on. I also didn't have stone-ground wheat crackers but had garlic crackers that I used. Overall, it was pretty good."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.