Golden Chicken with Rice Recipe
Chicken and rice has never been so easy, or so delicious! This very tender chicken is served over creamy wild rice; finish the meal with steamed carrots or another favorite veggie. -Sharon Juart of Rochester Mills, Pennsylvania
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 2 hours YIELD:4 servings
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 4 chicken leg quarters
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the rice, contents of seasoning packet, cream soups and water. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with chicken; sprinkle with onion soup mix.
- 2. Cover and bake at 350° for 2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 180° and rice is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 561 calories, 25 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 111 mg cholesterol, 2,359 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 36 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC