Golden Chicken with Rice
Chicken and rice has never been so easy, or so delicious! This very tender chicken is served over creamy wild rice; finish the meal with steamed carrots or another favorite veggie. -Sharon Juart of Rochester Mills, Pennsylvania
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 2 hours
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 4 chicken leg quarters
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- In a large bowl, combine the rice, contents of seasoning packet,
- cream soups and water. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking
- dish. Top with chicken; sprinkle with onion soup mix.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 2 hours or until a meat thermometer
- reads 180° and rice is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 561 calories, 25 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 111 mg cholesterol, 2,359 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 36 g protein.