Golden Chicken with Rice Recipe
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 4 chicken leg quarters
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the rice, contents of seasoning packet, cream soups and water. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with chicken; sprinkle with onion soup mix.
- 2. Cover and bake at 350° for 2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 180° and rice is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 561 calories, 25g fat (6g saturated fat), 111mg cholesterol, 2359mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 36g protein.
Reviews for Golden Chicken with Rice
"made it "as is" for dinner this evening. Very good! A great comfort meal! Thanks again, TOH!!"
"I love this recipe! I would make it more often but my husband doesn't like rice!!"
"I love this recipe! I make it all the time, goes over very well and everyone loves it. Never any leftovers!"
"Re: Golden chicken with RiceMade with white rice instead of Long Grain and Wild. It was delicious! cjsu"
"To Joden: This doesn't come out with fluffy dry rice, but creamy like a risotto. If still too wet for you, try cutting back on the water a bit or uncover for the last 15-20 minutes of cooking time."
"I made this recipe last night and we LOVED it! However, I thought there was too much liquid. After removing the cooked chicken, should I have stirred the rice and liquid, or let it sit longer? Any comments gratefully appreciated!!"
"For those who found the recipe too salty, substitute Campbells healthy Reuqest soups in place of the regular version, as these have almost half the sodium. I think most would find that using this version including the onion soup mix, will not be too salty (and the onion soup mix provides a key distinct flavor to this recipe). This recipe ranks among my favorites. It makes a delicious and incredibly easy meal, and feeds four for under $10. The chicken was fall-off-the-bone. I reduced fat and calories by using the healthy Request soups as well as removing the skin from the chicken leg quarters."