Golden Chicken with Rice Recipe
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 4 chicken leg quarters
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- In a large bowl, combine the rice, contents of seasoning packet, cream soups and water. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with chicken; sprinkle with onion soup mix.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 180° and rice is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Golden Chicken with Rice(3)
Sort By :
This is a delicious recipe. To cut some of the calories from the skin of the chicken, I substituted chicken leg quarters for 1 pkg each of boneless chicken thighs and breasts. Doing this, you do not need to cook it the full 2 hours.
I love this recipe! I would make it more often but my husband doesn't like rice!!
I love this recipe! I make it all the time, goes over very well and everyone loves it. Never any leftovers!