- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 4 chicken leg quarters
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- In a large bowl, combine the rice, contents of seasoning packet, cream soups and water. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with chicken; sprinkle with onion soup mix.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 180° and rice is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Golden Chicken with Rice
"made it "as is" for dinner this evening. Very good! A great comfort meal! Thanks again, TOH!!"
"I love this recipe! I would make it more often but my husband doesn't like rice!!"
"I love this recipe! I make it all the time, goes over very well and everyone loves it. Never any leftovers!"
"Re: Golden chicken with RiceMade with white rice instead of Long Grain and Wild. It was delicious! cjsu"
"To Joden: This doesn't come out with fluffy dry rice, but creamy like a risotto. If still too wet for you, try cutting back on the water a bit or uncover for the last 15-20 minutes of cooking time."