- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 4 chicken leg quarters
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- In a large bowl, combine the rice, contents of seasoning packet, cream soups and water. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with chicken; sprinkle with onion soup mix.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 180° and rice is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Golden Chicken with Rice
"made it "as is" for dinner this evening. Very good! A great comfort meal! Thanks again, TOH!!"
"The rice was very good, but I think I would try a different dry soup mix next time. The onions in the dry soup mix were really crunchy and kind of burned on the chicken. My family wasn't very fond of this recipe."
"I love this recipe! I would make it more often but my husband doesn't like rice!!"
"I love this recipe! I make it all the time, goes over very well and everyone loves it. Never any leftovers!"
"I've had this recipe since the 70's and called it "No Peek chicken". I make it over and over. I only use one quarter of the onion soup mix, otherwise it is way too salty. Michele"
"Re: Golden chicken with RiceMade with white rice instead of Long Grain and Wild. It was delicious! cjsu"
"To Joden: This doesn't come out with fluffy dry rice, but creamy like a risotto. If still too wet for you, try cutting back on the water a bit or uncover for the last 15-20 minutes of cooking time."
"My husband doesn't care for cream of celery soup, so I used cream of chicken with herbs with great results! You can also exchange cream of mushroom with Golden Mushroom or Cream of Mushroom with Roasted Garlic. Doesn't help the salt issue but tastes fantastic!"