Golden Chicken with Rice Recipe
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 4 chicken leg quarters
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- In a large bowl, combine the rice, contents of seasoning packet, cream soups and water. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with chicken; sprinkle with onion soup mix.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 180° and rice is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Golden Chicken with Rice
Sort By :
"The rice was very good, but I think I would try a different dry soup mix next time. The onions in the dry soup mix were really crunchy and kind of burned on the chicken. My family wasn't very fond of this recipe."
"This is a delicious recipe. To cut some of the calories from the skin of the chicken, I substituted chicken leg quarters for 1 pkg each of boneless chicken thighs and breasts. Doing this, you do not need to cook it the full 2 hours."
"I love this recipe! I would make it more often but my husband doesn't like rice!!"
"I love this recipe! I make it all the time, goes over very well and everyone loves it. Never any leftovers!"