Golden Chicken Salad Puffs Recipe
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups finely chopped cooked chicken
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring water, butter and salt to a boil. Add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until smooth and shiny.
- 2. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Immediately cut a slit in each puff to allow steam to escape; cool.
- 3. Split puffs and set tops aside; remove soft dough form inside. In a large bowl, combine the filling ingredients. Fill puffs and replace tops. Chill until serving. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
2 each: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Golden Chicken Salad Puffs
"I make this chicken salad all the time for church and I have nothing but compliments! The only ingredient I leave out is the pecans because of allergies."
"These are so yummy! I made these for a bridal shower and they are just the right mix of sweet and savory with a little crunch to keep it lively. They were a huge hit and I made a second batch of the chicken filling for sandwiches the next week- just for me!"