Golden Chicken Salad Puffs Recipe
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups finely chopped cooked chicken
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, bring water, butter and salt to a boil. Add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until smooth and shiny.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Immediately cut a slit in each puff to allow steam to escape; cool.
- Split puffs and set tops aside; remove soft dough form inside. In a large bowl, combine the filling ingredients. Fill puffs and replace tops. Chill until serving. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Golden Chicken Salad Puffs
Sort By :
best ever. new twist on chicken salad
I make this chicken salad all the time for church and I have nothing but compliments! The only ingredient I leave out is the pecans because of allergies.
These are so yummy! I made these for a bridal shower and they are just the right mix of sweet and savory with a little crunch to keep it lively. They were a huge hit and I made a second batch of the chicken filling for sandwiches the next week- just for me!