The golden crust and creamy sauce make this veggie-packed pie a sure hit. The frozen version works extremely well in this mild and comforting family favorite. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 4 cups frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed and drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of onion soup, undiluted
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Divide between two 9-in. deep-dish pie plates. Roll out pastry to fit the top of each pie. Place over filling; trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in top or make decorative cutouts in pastry.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked pies up to 3 months. To use, remove from freezer 30 minutes before baking (do not thaw). Preheat oven to 425°. Place pie on a baking sheet; cover edges loosely with foil. Bake 30 minutes. Reduce heat to 350° remove foil and bake 50-55 minutes longer or until golden brown, or until heated through and a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°. Yield: 2 potpies (6 servings each).
Originally published as Chicken Potpies in Simple & Delicious March/April 2008, p19
Reviews for Golden Chicken Pot Pies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review