Golden Chicken Nuggets
"I usually serve these herb-breaded baked bites with a sweet-and-sour sauce for dipping," notes Karen Owen, field editor from Rising Sun, Indiana.
24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts halves, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- In a shallow bowl, combine the first four ingredients. In another
- shallow bowl, add butter, Dip chicken in butter; roll in crumb
- Place in a single layer on an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in.
- baking pan. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until juices run
- clear. Yield: 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 77 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 185 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.