- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 slices deli ham (3/4 ounce each)
- 2 slices Swiss cheese (3/4 ounce each)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; top each with a slice of ham and cheese. Roll up and tuck in ends; secure with toothpicks.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, salt, paprika and pepper. In another bowl, whisk egg and milk. Place bread crumbs in a third bowl. Dip chicken in flour mixture, then egg mixture; roll in crumbs.
- In a small skillet, brown chicken in oil on all sides. Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Discard toothpicks; drizzle with butter. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Golden Chicken Cordon Bleu
"I prepared as stated except used gluten free flour and gluten free seasoned bread crumbs. Also spread light layer of dijon mustard before adding ham and swiss. Increased baking time to 45 min due to not being able to pound chicken to 1/4". I also sprayed them with olive oil about 10 min before done because they weren't crisping up. Texture came out ok. chicken was tender and juicy. But the recipe turned out bland. SUPER bland. I was not impressed at all. Nothing like restaurant Cordon Bleu."
"Delicious and easy to make. Will definitely make again."
"It was good but lacked seasoning. It was also quite dry."
"This was very tasty and very simple to make.It may not be as good as what you get in a fancy restaurant but for the time and price I give it 4 stars. I used thin cut breast fillets so I didn't have to flatten the chicken used 2 slices ham and cheese for each fillet. I will definitely make these again"
"Really, really good and easy! Did not have bread crumbs, so I used herb seasoned stuffing mix (Pepperidge Farm). I love to read the reviews to get different ideas on how to prepare."
"This is great! For a delicious sauce, I used a can of reduced-fat cream of chicken soup, couple of tablespoons of low-fat sour cream, splash of lemon, and a bit of dill. Stir that up and gently heat, serve with chicken (over rice is nice!). The second time I made it, I spread some spicy brown mustard over the chicken before adding the ham and cheese."
"Super easy to make and really yummy! It was a hit with my family and I'll definitely make it again."
"This recipe came out perfectly! A very elegant dish, but so easy to make!"
"Absolutely delicious! The chicken was beautiful, very juicy. The breading gets nice an crispy and stays intact. Pure comfort food. Thank you Test Kitchen!"
"Perfect chicken cordon bleu recipe that I've tried. Moist not dry. Although I didn't fry it, just baked it for 35 mins."