Golden Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe
For an entree that's as elegant as it is easy, try this moist classic chicken recipe. It's a simple recipe but looks like you really fussed. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 slices deli ham (3/4 ounce each)
- 2 slices Swiss cheese (3/4 ounce each)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; top each with a slice of ham and cheese. Roll up and tuck in ends; secure with toothpicks.
- 2. In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, salt, paprika and pepper. In another bowl, whisk egg and milk. Place bread crumbs in a third bowl. Dip chicken in flour mixture, then egg mixture; roll in crumbs.
- 3. In a small skillet, brown chicken in oil on all sides. Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Discard toothpicks; drizzle with butter. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (prepared with reduced-fat butter) equals 501 calories, 23 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 172 mg cholesterol, 728 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 49 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC