"My sister and I developed this colorful, creamy casserole from two or three others we had tried," relates Ione Senn from Salt Lake City, Utah. "The whole family likes the hearty layers of chicken, Tater Tots, vegetables and cheese."
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen Tater Tots
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Combine the soups, water and salt; mix well. In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer a third of the soup mixture, half of the Tater Tots, half of the vegetables and half of the chicken. Repeat layers. Top with remaining soup mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until bubbly. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until browned and heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Golden Chicken Casserole in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p36
Reviews for Golden Chicken Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review