Golden Chicken Casserole
Apricot preserves give a different twist to this saucy sweet-and-sour chicken from Melanie May of Fishers, Indiana. With just five ingredients, it's a snap to stir up and serve over rice.
6 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 jar (12 ounces) apricot preserves or spreadable fruit
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Transfer to a
- greased 2-qt. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (prepared with reduced-fat soup and spreadable fruit: calculated without rice) equals 259 calories, 3 g fat (0 saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 413 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 16 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 fruit, 1/2 vegetable.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.