Golden Chicken Casserole Recipe
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen Tater Tots
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Combine the soups, water and salt; mix well. In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer a third of the soup mixture, half of the Tater Tots, half of the vegetables and half of the chicken. Repeat layers. Top with remaining soup mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until bubbly. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until browned and heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Golden Chicken Casserole
Sort By :
The first time I made this recipe, it was very bland. I added 1/4 t. salt, 1/2 t. pepper, and 1/4 t. each garlic powder and onion powder. The tater tots did get mushy but, that was fine.
Not a recipe I loved, but it wasn't disgusting either. It was a good, bland, run-of-the-mill dish that wasn't bad but wasn't great. It didn't have enough "oomph" for us...needed more seasoning or something. This might well appeal to picky eaters who prefer blander dishes. I liked the fact that the frozen ingredients didn't have to be thawed, and that everything was conveniently layered in the pan and then baked. When I removed the foil after 70 minutes, it wasn't done enough.....I kept the foil off, turned the oven up to 375 degrees and baked it for nearly twenty minutes more. It could have even used a little more time after that, but it was bubbly.
I have been making this recipe for years and for me it is pure comfort food. Everyone who has had it asks me for the recipe. Love it!
This recipe was DISGUSTING!!! It solely tasted like I was eating pure condensed soup right out of the can, plus mushy potatoes (from the tater tots)