Golden Chicken and Rice Dinner Recipe
This is one of my husband's favorite dishes—it's hearty, filling and tastes fantastic. The chicken bakes to a beautiful golden brown. —Megan Taylor
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2-1/3 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley
- 1. Coat chicken pieces with flour. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil on both sides. In a large bowl, combine the water, rice, milk, salt, poultry seasoning and pepper. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with chicken.
- 2. Cover tightly with foil. Bake at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until rice and chicken are tender. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 335 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 452 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Reviews for Golden Chicken and Rice Dinner
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC