Golden Chicken and Rice Dinner Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2-1/3 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley
- 1. Coat chicken pieces with flour. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil on both sides. In a large bowl, combine the water, rice, milk, salt, poultry seasoning and pepper. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with chicken.
- 2. Cover tightly with foil. Bake at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until rice and chicken are tender. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 each: 335 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 452mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 20g protein .
Reviews for Golden Chicken and Rice Dinner
"This recipe was in an old TOH compilation of recipes, but it used a cut up chicken instead of b/s breasts in the original recipe. I prefer using bone-in chicken pieces - I take off the skin and all the fat I can - and I add a can of mushroom soup and either chopped fresh onion, a couple tablespoons of onion soup mix, or about a tablespoon or so of dried onion flakes. I also find that I need to bake it longer - maybe as much as 30 minutes more - or there is some slightly raw rice in it. You can add one half extra cup of either milk or water, too. It is a rather bland dish, but it has a comforting appeal and isn't too much work to put together. Sometimes comfort and ease of preparation is what I'm looking for! It makes lots, too, and is filling."
"This is a favorite of my husbands. He cannot stand real spicy food, and when he is having a bad time with his tummy, this meal makes him smile."
"Very bland....I made for Father's Day dinner and the only 2 who liked it were the ones that had special diets...no seasonings to speak of, no pizzazz"