This is one of my husband's favorite dishes—it's hearty, filling and tastes fantastic. The chicken bakes to a beautiful golden brown. —Megan Taylor
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2-1/3 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Coat chicken pieces with flour. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil on both sides. In a large bowl, combine the water, rice, milk, salt, poultry seasoning and pepper. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with chicken.
- Cover tightly with foil. Bake at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until rice and chicken are tender. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken and Rice Dinner in Test Kitchen Favorites 2004 2005, p146
Reviews for Golden Chicken and Rice Dinner
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review