Golden Chicken and Noodles Recipe
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed broccoli cheese soup, undiluted
- 2 cups milk
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked noodles
- 1. Cut chicken pieces in half; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the soup, milk, onion, salt if desired, basil and pepper; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on high for 1 hour. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook 5-6 hours longer or until the meat juices run clear. Serve over noodles. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 232 calories, 5g fat (0 saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 499mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 31g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Golden Chicken and Noodles
"This was not good at all. There was no flavor. I even tried to add more seasonings and sour cream to give it more flavor and nothing was helping. Definitely won't make again!"
"Delicious! Cooks the chicken breast to a tender perfection and the sauce was wonderful. The whole family loved it!"
"Why is this considered "low carb"? Noodles are not low carb!"