Golden Chicken and Noodles
This tender chicken, from Charlotte McDaniel of Anniston, Alabama, cooks up in a golden sauce that is nicely flavored with basil. "It's great for taking to a potluck supper," she advises, "especially if you work and don't have time to cook during the day."
6 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed broccoli cheese soup, undiluted
- 2 cups milk
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked noodles
- Cut chicken pieces in half; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the
- soup, milk, onion, salt if desired, basil and pepper; pour over
- chicken. Cover and cook on high for 1 hour. Reduce heat to low;
- cover and cook 5-6 hours longer or until the meat juices run clear.
- Serve over noodles. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (prepared with low-fat soup and skim milk and without salt; calculated without noodles) equals 232 calories, 499 mg sodium, 76 mg cholesterol, 12 gm carbohydrate, 31 gm protein, 5 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.