This tender chicken, from Charlotte McDaniel of Anniston, Alabama, cooks up in a golden sauce that is nicely flavored with basil. "It's great for taking to a potluck supper," she advises, "especially if you work and don't have time to cook during the day."
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed broccoli cheese soup, undiluted
- 2 cups milk
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked noodles
- Cut chicken pieces in half; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the soup, milk, onion, salt if desired, basil and pepper; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on high for 1 hour. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook 5-6 hours longer or until the meat juices run clear. Serve over noodles. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Golden Chicken and Noodles in Quick Cooking March/April 1998, p45
Reviews for Golden Chicken and Noodles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review