Golden Chicken and Autumn Vegetables
This comforting combination from the Taste of Home Cooking School Recipe Collection is sure to warm you up on a chilly day. (See page 66 for details about the Cooking School.) Tender chicken breasts, sweet potatoes and green beans are cooked in a simple broth seasoned with rosemary, garlic and thyme.
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each), skin removed
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cut green beans
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown chicken over medium-high heat for
- 4-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- Add sweet potatoes and beans.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over chicken
- and vegetables. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook over
- low heat for 20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 160 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 265 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 11 g protein.