Golden Chicken and Autumn Vegetables Recipe
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each), skin removed
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cut green beans
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, brown chicken over medium-high heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Add sweet potatoes and beans.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over chicken and vegetables. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook over low heat for 20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 160 calories, 1g fat (trace saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 265mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 5g fiber), 11g protein
Reviews for Golden Chicken and Autumn Vegetables
"This recipe has been sitting in my recipe box for years & I had never made it. Finally dug it out & made it last night. I'm glad I did as it was very good...the whole family enjoyed it. Plus it was easy & quick to pull together."
"This recipe is quick , easy and seems to be pretty healthy. I added poultry seasoning rather than the seasoning listed."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.