Golden Chicken and Autumn Vegetables Recipe
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each), skin removed
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cut green beans
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, brown chicken over medium-high heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Add sweet potatoes and beans.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over chicken and vegetables. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook over low heat for 20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 160 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 265 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Reviews for Golden Chicken and Autumn Vegetables
"This recipe has been sitting in my recipe box for years & I had never made it. Finally dug it out & made it last night. I'm glad I did as it was very good...the whole family enjoyed it. Plus it was easy & quick to pull together."
"This recipe is quick , easy and seems to be pretty healthy. I added poultry seasoning rather than the seasoning listed."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.