The mildly seasoned coating makes this chicken tender and juicy. I'm sure your family will enjoy the old-fashioned flavor and appearance as much as mine does.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups crushed stone-ground wheat crackers (about 50 crackers)
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/4 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1 cup club soda or milk
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Place 1-1/2 cups in a resealable plastic bag. Store remaining coating in a covered container in the refrigerator for future use.
- Dip chicken in soda or milk, then place in bag; seal and shake to coat. Place chicken in a single layer in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 50-60 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings (4-1/2 cups coating).
Originally published as Golden Chicken in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p33
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Golden Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review