My husband, Mark, and I wanted a causal wedding and decided on a cold plate buffet supper. This fun cheesy bread baked by my mom was a special addition.
- 6 to 7 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) Red Star® Platinum Superior Baking Yeast™
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups warm milk (120° to 130°)
- 1 egg
- In a large bowl, combine 3 cups flour, cheese, sugar, yeast and salt. Add milk and egg; beat on low speed until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Divide in half and shape into two loaves. Place in two greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to cool on wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
Originally published as Golden Cheese Yeast Bread in Down the Aisle Country-Style 2000, p29
Reviews for Golden Cheese Yeast Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review