Golden Catfish Fillets Recipe
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 catfish fillets (8 ounces each)
- Canola oil
- Lemon or lime wedges, optional
- 1. In a shallow bowl, beat the egg white until foamy; add milk and mix well. In another shallow bowl, combine the cornmeal, salt, garlic powder, cayenne and pepper. Dip fillets in milk mixture, then coat with cornmeal mixture.
- 2. Heat 1/4 in of oil in a large skillet; fry fish over medium-high for 3-4 minutes on each side or until it flakes easily with a fork. Garnish with lemon or lime if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 246 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 517 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Reviews for Golden Catfish Fillets
"Love this recipe. I use the larger amount of pepper. Tastes awesome on a nice light bun with cheese and lettuce."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.