- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat butter
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 2 tablespoons uncooked long grain rice
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a small saucepan, saute onion and garlic in butter until tender. Add the water, carrots, rice and bouillon; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until carrots and rice are very tender.
- Remove from the heat; cool slightly. Transfer to a blender or food processor; cover and process until pureed. Return to the saucepan; heat through. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Golden Carrot Soup
Sort By :
I love this soup. I make it exactly according to the recipe and it is very comforting and satisfying. Also easy to make.
I just made this for my husband and I. It was an easy recipe and I had all the ingredients on hand. He loved it so much he said "Double or triple the recipe next time. I could eat two or three bowls of this!!!.... I would like to have it for my lunches during the week too!"