"This is a great-tasting soup to make on a chilly day," observes Aline Winje of Slocan, British Columbia. "It's easy to fix too." The rich-colored soup has a mild chicken flavor with just a hint of garlic.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat butter
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 2 tablespoons uncooked long grain rice
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a small saucepan, saute onion and garlic in butter until tender. Add the water, carrots, rice and bouillon; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until carrots and rice are very tender.
- Remove from the heat; cool slightly. Transfer to a blender or food processor; cover and process until pureed. Return to the saucepan; heat through. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Golden Carrot Soup in Cooking for 2 Spring 2005, p56
Reviews for Golden Carrot Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review