Golden Carrot Fruitcake
Start a new holiday tradition with this flavorful golden fruitcake from Judy Junwirth of Athol, South Dakota.
32 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups finely shredded carrots
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely chopped nuts
- 1 cup each raisins, chopped dates and mixed candied fruit
- In a bowl, combine oil and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating
- well after each addition. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking
- soda, cinnamon and salt; add to the egg mixture. Beat until smooth.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Bake at
- 350° for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted near the center
- comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes; remove to a wire rack
- to cool completely. Yield: 2 loaves.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 282 calories, 14 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 198 mg sodium,