Golden Carrot Coins
Once you try this simple yet scrumptious side dish, you'll never serve plain carrots again!—Erlene Cornelius, Spring City, Tennessee
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 14 medium carrots, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the broth, sugar, salt and
- pepper; bring to a boil. Add carrots. Return to a boil. Reduce heat;
- cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until carrots are crisp-tender.
- Stir in parsley and lemon juice. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield:
- 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 102 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 773 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein.