Golden Carrot Buns Recipe
These rolls have a nice flavor...folks usually don't guess that carrots are one of the ingredients. My family really likes them; see if yours will, too!
- 4 cups sliced carrots
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup warm water (110° to 115°), divided
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 8-1/2 to 9 cups all-purpose flour
- 1. Place carrots in a saucepan and cover with water; cook until tender. Drain and cool slightly. Place in a blender or food processor. Add eggs and 1/2 cup water; puree until smooth.
- 2. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in remaining water. Add carrot mixture. Stir in oil, sugar, molasses, salt and 5 cups flour; beat until smooth. Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 3. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 4. Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Shape into 48 balls. Place 2-in. apart on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise until almost doubled, about 1 hour.
- 5. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until browned. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 128 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 105 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC