- In a Dutch oven, saute garlic in butter for 1 minute. Stir in the
- flour, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually add milk. Bring to a
- boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Set aside 1
- cup sauce. Stir squash into remaining sauce.
- Drain noodles. Spread reserved 1 cup sauce into a greased 13-in. x
- 9-in. baking dish. Layer with three noodles, half of the squash
- mixture, half of the fontina cheese and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Repeat layers. Top with remaining noodles. Beat cream until soft
- peaks form. Spread over top. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan
- Cover and bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15
- minutes longer or until bubbly and golden brown. Let stand for 15
- minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 353 calories, 20 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 559 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.