Golden Buttermilk Waffles
You won't get any complaints from family or friends when you stack up these golden waffles for breakfast! Reader Kim Branges of grand Canyon, Arizona shares the tender morning mainstay that her clan requests regularily.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- Strawberry pancake syrup and whipped cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and
- salt. In another bowl, beat the eggs; add buttermilk and oil. Stir
- into dry ingredients just until combined.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's
- directions until golden brown. Serve with syrup and whipped cream if
- desired. Yield: 16 waffles (4 inches).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 223 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 435 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.