Golden Butter Biscuits Recipe
"This is one of our favorite recipes," writes Pat Howard of Georgetown, Texas. "I keep the dough in the refrigerator and take it out just before the meal to bake. We love ’em hot from the oven."
- 3/4 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1. In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Add the yeast mixture, buttermilk and oil; toss with a fork until dough forms a ball.
- 2. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 10-12 times. Roll out to 3/4-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place 2 in. apart on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Brush with butter. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 4 biscuits.
1 each: 212 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 344mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Golden Butter Biscuits
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC