- 3/4 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Add the yeast mixture, buttermilk and oil; toss with a fork until dough forms a ball.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 10-12 times. Roll out to 3/4-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place 2 in. apart on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Brush with butter. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 400° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 4 biscuits.
Originally published as Golden Butter Biscuits in Cooking for 2 Spring 2008, p22
Reviews for Golden Butter Biscuits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review