Golden Burger Spirals
"This recipe was given to me by a fellow dental hygienist nearly 20 years ago," relates Lisa Sinyard if Lexington, Alabama. "After a busy day, it's a convenient meal the whole family enjoys. It's also an excellent dish to take to potlucks and church socials," she adds.
4-6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (8 ounces) spiral pasta, cooked and drained
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium
- heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the soup, tomato
- sauce, 1 cup cheese and salt. Stir in pasta.
- Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining
- cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
- Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 416 calories, 17 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 975 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.