Golden Broccoli Bake Recipe
As a working mother, I don't have time to spend in the kitchen preparing recipes with lots of ingredients. That's why I depend on this simple dish so often. --Susan Leone, Stockholm, New Jersey
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 egg
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 cups hot mashed potatoes (prepared with milk and butter)
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first four ingredients; mix well. Stir in 1 cup cheese. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- 2. In a bowl, combine potatoes with remaining cheese; mix well. Spread over the meat mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 391 calories, 24 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 123 mg cholesterol, 861 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 26 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC