Golden Broccoli Bake
As a working mother, I don't have time to spend in the kitchen preparing recipes with lots of ingredients. That's why I depend on this simple dish so often. --Susan Leone, Stockholm, New Jersey
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 cups hot mashed potatoes (prepared with milk and butter)
- In a bowl, combine the first four ingredients; mix well. Stir in 1
- cup cheese. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine potatoes with remaining cheese; mix well. Spread
- over the meat mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes
- or until lightly browned. Yield: 6 servings.
For even quicker preparation, assemble Golden Broccoli Bake the night before; cover and chill. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 391 calories, 24 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 123 mg cholesterol, 861 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 26 g protein.