My son, Kendall, like working right by my side in the kitchen. For this recipe, he helps me measure and add all the ingredients. Then we let the machine do the work. Kendall likes watching it knead the dough. He's happy to share the tasty loaf with his older sister.Kendall Hatten, Devils Lake, North Dakota
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 3 hours
- 1/2 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- In a bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by
- manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and
- loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions
- (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of
- water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (about 1-1/2 pounds).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 111 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 142 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.