My son, Kendall, like working right by my side in the kitchen. For this recipe, he helps me measure and add all the ingredients. Then we let the machine do the work. Kendall likes watching it knead the dough. He's happy to share the tasty loaf with his older sister.—Kendall Hatten, Devils Lake, North Dakota
- 1/2 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- In a bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (about 1-1/2 pounds).
Originally published as Golden Bread in Taste of Home October/November 2001, p14
Reviews for Golden Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review