- Beginning from the right side, braid dough by placing the first rope
- over the second rope, under the third and over the fourth. Repeat
- three or four times, beginning each time from the right side. Pinch
- ends to seal and tuck under. Cover and let rise until doubled, about
- 45 minutes.
- Beat egg yolk and cold water; brush over braid. Sprinkle with sesame
- seeds. Bake at 350° 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove
- from pan to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 1 loaf (32 slices).
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 94 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 79 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.