- 3 cups Quick Baking Mix
- 2/3 cup milk
- Place mix in a bowl. Add milk; stir just until combined. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 10-15 times. Pat or roll out to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter.
- Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 425° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 9 biscuits.
Reviews for Golden Biscuits
Sort By :
"The recipe for Quick Baking Mix was originally published with this recipe in the magazine.
- 8 Servings
- Prep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 9 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 cup butter-flavored shortening
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Cut in shortening until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- Quick Baking Mix may be used to prepare the following recipes (also found in Recipe Finder): Cinnamon Coffee Cake, Golden Biscuits and Country Corn Bread. Yield: 12 cups.
Recipes with Base Mix: Quick Country Corn Bread
Nutrition Facts: 1 piece equals 163 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 281 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Originally published as Quick Baking Mix in Quick Cooking September/October 2002, p55"
"What constitutes the Quick Baking Mix? I might as well buy Bisquick! This isn't a recipe at all but off the side of a box! :("
"I used homemade "bisquick" to make this recipe and they turned out really good. Fast and easy, I will definitely be making these again."
"I thought these were pretty good...especially better right from the oven."