Golden Baked Onions Recipe
- 6 large sweet onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 6 slices French bread (3/4 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large skillet, saute onions in butter until tender. In a large bowl, combine the soup, milk, pepper and 2 cups cheese. Stir in onions.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Brush bread slices with melted butter on one side. Arrange buttered side up over cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. If desired, broil 4-6 in. from heat until bread is golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Golden Baked Onions(3)
Sort By :
Holy Smokes! This is so delicious. I started make it for every party I went to for a while and received raves. This is to die for.
My family loves this recipe! It is easy to make and delicious. It reminds me a creamy french onion soup. Everytime we gather for a holiday, my family and friends request that I bring this dish. The only thing I do differently is to use croutons on top, instead of the French bread. Thanks for sharing!