Golden Baked Chicken
This recipe makes a delicious crispy chicken without frying, and the paprika gives the chicken pieces a pleasant punch, plus pretty color.
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 2 cups mashed potato flakes
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 3 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds each), cut up and skin removed
- In a shallow bowl, combine the potato flakes, cheese, parsley,
- paprika, garlic salt, onion powder and pepper. In another shallow
- bowl, add butter. Dip chicken into butter, then into potato flake
- Place on two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake at
- 375° for 50-60 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Yield:
- 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 323 calories, 24 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 89 mg cholesterol, 422 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 17 g protein.