Golden Baked Chicken Recipe
This recipe makes a delicious crispy chicken without frying, and the paprika gives the chicken pieces a pleasant punch, plus pretty color. -Harriet Stichter Milford, Indiana
- 2 cups mashed potato flakes
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 3 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds each), cut up and skin removed
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine the potato flakes, cheese, parsley, paprika, garlic salt, onion powder and pepper. In another shallow bowl, add butter. Dip chicken into butter, then into potato flake mixture.
- 2. Place on two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake at 375° for 50-60 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece: 323 calories, 24g fat (12g saturated fat), 89mg cholesterol, 422mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 17g protein.
Reviews for Golden Baked Chicken
Reviewed Dec. 30, 2007
"this is excelent. My whole family loved it."
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC