This recipe makes a delicious crispy chicken without frying, and the paprika gives the chicken pieces a pleasant punch, plus pretty color. -Harriet Stichter Milford, Indiana
- 2 cups mashed potato flakes
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 3 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds each), cut up and skin removed
- In a shallow bowl, combine the potato flakes, cheese, parsley, paprika, garlic salt, onion powder and pepper. In another shallow bowl, add butter. Dip chicken into butter, then into potato flake mixture.
- Place on two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake at 375° for 50-60 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Golden Baked Chicken in Taste of Home December/January 2004, p37
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Golden Baked Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 30, 2007
"this is excelent. My whole family loved it."