This recipe makes a delicious crispy chicken without frying, and the paprika gives the chicken pieces a pleasant punch, plus pretty color. -Harriet Stichter Milford, Indiana
- 2 cups mashed potato flakes
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 3 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds each), cut up and skin removed
- In a shallow bowl, combine the potato flakes, cheese, parsley, paprika, garlic salt, onion powder and pepper. In another shallow bowl, add butter. Dip chicken into butter, then into potato flake mixture.
- Place on two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake at 375° for 50-60 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Golden Baked Chicken in Taste of Home December/January 2004, p37
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Golden Baked Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 30, 2007
"this is excelent. My whole family loved it."