- 5 medium parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 5 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium turnip, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2 cups half-and-half cream or evaporated skim milk
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a soup kettle or Dutch oven, combine the first eight ingredients; simmer for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove bay leaves. Let cool for 20 minutes. Puree in small batches in a blender; return to kettle. Add cream, tarragon and pepper; heat through. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
Originally published as Golden Autumn Soup in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p31
Reviews for Golden Autumn Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 28, 2015
"The flavor of this soup was amazing, everything I wanted when cooking with parsnips. But I had the hardest time with it being pur?ed , kinda like swallowing baby food."