- 5 medium parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 5 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium turnip, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2 cups half-and-half cream or evaporated skim milk
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a soup kettle or Dutch oven, combine the first eight ingredients; simmer for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove bay leaves. Let cool for 20 minutes. Puree in small batches in a blender; return to kettle. Add cream, tarragon and pepper; heat through. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
Originally published as Golden Autumn Soup in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p31
Reviews for Golden Autumn Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 5, 2012
"This soup tastes great! It is packed with nutrients. It is fairly easy to make, just a bunch of peeling veggies. I like to substitute yams for the sweet potatoes."