Golden Autumn Soup Recipe
Here's a great way to use the freshest produce harvested in fall. It's a hot and hearty soup that I like to make for everyday dinners and special-occasion suppers.
- 5 medium parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 5 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium turnip, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2 cups half-and-half cream or evaporated skim milk
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a soup kettle or Dutch oven, combine the first eight ingredients; simmer for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove bay leaves. Let cool for 20 minutes. Puree in small batches in a blender; return to kettle. Add cream, tarragon and pepper; heat through. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
Reviews for Golden Autumn Soup
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC