Golden Au Gratin Potatoes
During the many years I've made this creamy potato dish, I haven't run into anyone who didn't like it! The sauce is very flavorful and just the right consistencynot too thick or too thin. For a family dinner or potluck dish, this casserole is always a winner. Lavonne Hartel
Williston, North Dakota
8-10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup butter, melted, divided
- 3 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2-1/2 cups crushed cornflakes
- In a large bowl, combine soup, sour cream, 1/2 cup butter, onion and
- salt. Stir in potatoes and cheese. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x
- 9-in. baking dish. Toss cornflakes and remaining butter; sprinkle
- over potatoes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or
- until heated through. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 449 calories, 27 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 855 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 12 g protein.