During the many years I've made this creamy potato dish, I haven't run into anyone who didn't like it! The sauce is very flavorful and just the right consistency—not too thick or too thin. For a family dinner or potluck dish, this casserole is always a winner. —Lavonne Hartel Williston, North Dakota
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup butter, melted, divided
- 3 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2-1/2 cups crushed cornflakes
- In a large bowl, combine soup, sour cream, 1/2 cup butter, onion and salt. Stir in potatoes and cheese. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Toss cornflakes and remaining butter; sprinkle over potatoes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Golden Au Gratin Potatoes in Taste of Home April/May 2001, p31
Reviews for Golden Au Gratin Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review