Golden Au Gratin Potatoes Recipe
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup butter, melted, divided
- 3 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2-1/2 cups crushed cornflakes
- In a large bowl, combine soup, sour cream, 1/2 cup butter, onion and salt. Stir in potatoes and cheese. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Toss cornflakes and remaining butter; sprinkle over potatoes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Golden Au Gratin Potatoes
Sort By :
"Love this recipe! Make it every year for Easter or every time we have ham."
"Best cheesy potato casserole EVER! My family loved it, the cornflake topping gives it a crunch. I halved this recipe and it easily served our family of 6, with more left over. Instead of using condensed chicken soup, try making a white sauce with some chicken broth. I used 4 1/2 cups of shredded potatoes instead of frozen hash brown potatoes. (I did halve the recipe.) It was great, will make again."
"This is easy and very tasty. My guests went back for thirds. I added more very sharp cheese and used Panko crumbs instead of corn flakes. Two suggestions: mash down the potatoes a litte as they tended to be a bit too hard and put under the broiler the last few minutes for a nice crusty top."
"I made this recipe for a large gathering. I baked it in several pans in the oven and then transferred to a crock pot to serve. It received rave reviews."
"what are "southern style" hash browns?"