"It doesn't matter how many times I serve this thick, buttery soup, it's always a hit," Heather Ahrens writes from Columbus, Ohio."it's a real treat and a great way to get your daily veggies."
- 3/4 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cut tips off asparagus and set aside; cut stalks into 1-1/2-in. pieces. In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add carrots and asparagus pieces; cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the broth, parsley, basil, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Cool slightly.
- In a blender, cover and process soup until blended. Return to pan. Stir in asparagus tips; cook for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Golden Asparagus Soup in Cooking for 2 Spring 2007, p37
Reviews for Golden Asparagus Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review