Golden Apricot Scones Recipe
Besides farming and raising cattle, our family has a home bakery that serves area restaurants and health food stores. We dry lots of local fruit for use in recipes, like these moist golden scones that are so popular with our customers.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 3/4 cup finely chopped dried apricots
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- Additional sugar
- 1. In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients; cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs. In a small bowl, beat eggs; set aside 1 tablespoon for glaze. In another bowl, combine sour cream, milk and remaining beaten eggs; add apricots. Stir into crumb mixture until the dough clings together.
- 2. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 12-15 times. Divide dough in half. Pat one portion into a 7-in. circle on a greased baking sheet. Combine the brown sugar, oats and butter; sprinkle over dough. Roll out remaining dough into a 7-in. circle; place over filling.
- 3. Brush with reserved egg; sprinkle with additional sugar. Cut into wedges but do not separate. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until scones are golden brown. Cool slightly; cut again if necessary. Serve warm. Yield: 6 scones.
1 serving (1 each) equals 395 calories, 16 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 110 mg cholesterol, 429 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Golden Apricot Scones
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC