Golden Apricot Pie
This pie is pretty as a picture and absolutely apricot in flavor. The fruit's golden-orange color beautifully shows through the lattice top.—Elegant Apricot Specialty Foods, Jo and Joe Martin, Patterson, California
8 ServingsPrep: 35 min. + cooling Bake: 50 min.
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) dried apricots
- 2-3/4 cups water
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a small saucepan, combine apricots and water; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20-22 minutes. Remove from the heat;
- Place bottom pastry in a 9-in. pie plate. Drain apricots, reserving
- 3/4 cup liquid. Arrange apricots in pie shell. Combine the sugar,
- cornstarch, nutmeg and reserved apricot liquid.
- Pour over apricots; dot with butter. Top with a lattice crust. Bake
- at 400° for 50-55 minutes or until crust is golden brown and
- filling is bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 414 calories, 15 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 215 mg sodium, 66 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.