Golden Apricot Pie Recipe
This pie is pretty as a picture and absolutely apricot in flavor. The fruit's golden-orange color beautifully shows through the lattice top.—Elegant Apricot Specialty Foods, Jo and Joe Martin, Patterson, California
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) dried apricots
- 2-3/4 cups water
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine apricots and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20-22 minutes. Remove from the heat; cool.
- 2. Place bottom pastry in a 9-in. pie plate. Drain apricots, reserving 3/4 cup liquid. Arrange apricots in pie shell. Combine the sugar, cornstarch, nutmeg and reserved apricot liquid.
- 3. Pour over apricots; dot with butter. Top with a lattice crust. Bake at 400° for 50-55 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice: 414 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 215mg sodium, 66g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Golden Apricot Pie
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC