Golden Apricot-Glazed Turkey Breast
Basted with a simple glaze, this wonderfully moist and tender turkey bakes to a lovely golden brown. Make it the centerpiece of your holiday table; guests will be glad you did.
—Greg Fontenot, The Woodlands, Texas
15 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours + standing
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash salt
- 1 bone-in turkey breast (5 pounds)
- Preheat oven to 325°. Combine preserves, vinegar, pepper and
- salt. Place turkey breast on a rack in a large shallow roasting pan.
- Bake, uncovered, 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until a thermometer reads
- 170°, basting every 30 minutes with apricot mixture. (Cover
- loosely with foil if turkey browns too quickly.) Cover and let stand
- 15 minutes before slicing. Yield: 15 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 4 ounces cooked turkey equals 236 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 81 mg cholesterol, 84 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 32 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 starch
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer